Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day #589 Deadlines


For some reason I’ve gotten myself into a situation where I’m facing a whole bunch of deadlines.

  1. Complete the three-book proposal for my agent before tomorrow
  2. Clean my house (AARGH!) before my sister arrives on September 27th.
  3. Paint the garage door before October 1st (double-AARGH).
  4. Find someone who can sharpen the blades to my reel-type mower (or teach me how to do it myself) before … well, soon.
  5. Complete a rough draft of my newest Biscuit McKee mystery before November 15th.

I know I’ve brought these on myself. Several of them could have been over and done with already if I’d just DO something (like start the vacuum cleaner). 

I’ll get number 1 done as soon as I stop typing this blog post. But the rest of them? Guess I can put them off a little while longer.

Self discipline. This week it just ain’t happening around this house.

I’m going to go make myself a Blue Bell Ice Cream milkshake.


BEEattitude for Day #589:
       Blessed are those who work as diligently as bees. Blessed are those, also, who flutter as diligently as butterflies, for both shall be content.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.


5 comments:

AggiePete said...

At least you have your priorities!!! Sounds like a great list ... books (Biscuit McKee) - yea! Garage door (darn cops - still love the 'door faces'). And a push mower - those are so neat - had the first migraine I've had in ages last night so I've postponed my 'twin week-end' for a couple of days ... drat! I'll be 'fat & sassy' again soon. Happy (early) Labor Day! Hugs from humid Houston!

Fran Stewart said...

I forgot to add my editing deadlines to the list -- I specialize in doctoral dissertations, and have a big one I'm working on So that goes in as number 2.

Sorry about the migraine, Petie -- I've read some interesting "cures" for migraines - but most of them sound outlandish.

The Cat Bastet said...

Doesn't your local hardware store sharpen any kind of lawn mower blades? I did find this site on how to DIY (if you have time): http://www.reelmowers.info/

I'm looking forward to your new books, esp Biscuit!

Cathy AJ

Fran Stewart said...

Cathy, thanks for the link. I looked it over. Trouble is, it mentioned the "sharpening kit." Don't have one. Guess I'll have to go looking!

AggiePete said...

The only 'outlandish' cure is one not shared!! I slept on this one and am feeling better this afternoon. But anything that YOU believe will work, I will certainly listen to!!!